Monday February 22, 1999 from 2:00 - 4:00 PM at the Willard Inter-Continental Hotel, 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC.
- Hon. Richard V. Allen, former National Security Advisor
- Hon. William P. Clark, former National Security Advisor
- Hon. Fred C. Ikle, former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
- Hon. Edwin Meese III, former U.S. Attorney General
- Hon. Roger W. Robinson, Panel Moderator, Casey Chair and former Senior Director of International Economic Affairs at the National Security Council
- Hon. Peter Schweizer, Media Fellow, Hoover Institution, and author, Victory: The Reagan Administration's Secret Strategy that Hastened the Collapse of the Soviet Union
The symposium looks at the end of the Cold War on the 10th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall -- what factors hastened its end and how it continues to shape our world today. Topics discussed will include President Reagan's national security priorities and defense buildup, the rollback of the Soviet Empire, the global battle of ideas, and confrontations in the third world.
Reception to Follow
TO RESERVE A PLACE PLEASE RSVP TO PAUL JOHNSON OR PETER MAGUIRE AT 202/783-4600
Visit the Hoover Institution Web Site at www-hoover.stanford.edu.