- Payment in advance is required. We accept MasterCard and Visa. Checks must be in United States currency payable through a US bank. No wire transfers.
- A signed form, "Conditions Governing the Acceptance of Audiovisual Reproduction Orders," must accompany payment to initiate a reproduction order. Please contact us for a copy of this form.
- Please make checks payable to the Hoover Institution Archives. Send orders to Hoover Institution Archives, Stanford University, 434 Galvez Mall, Stanford CA 94305-6010, USA. Fax (650) 725-3445.
- All requests are filled in the order in which they are received. Please allow two to four weeks for processing.
- The Hoover Institution Archives is not responsible for orders lost in the mail.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- The prices listed are for information purposes only. Please contact us before sending payment.
- Self-service photocopies: $0.15 per page
- Materials that would be damaged by duplication may not be copied.
Due to copyright law, staff may not make more than ten copies in response to requests. Researchers may hire a research assistant to make unlimited copies. Please contact carol [dot] leadenham [at] stanford [dot] edu for more information.
Books and other materials in the Library generally cannot be copied in their entirety, especially if published after 1923. As photocopying is hard on Library materials, and usually limits even more the number of pages we will allow to be photocopied, researchers are encouraged to use digital cameras whenever possible.
- Prints, documents, slides, negatives (flatbed scan): $25 per item scanned
- Books, albums, oversize items, fragile items (copy-stand scan): $40 per item scanned
- Microfilm scan: $50
- Items already digitized: $15 per scan
Contact hoover_visuals [at] stanford [dot] edu for a price quote.
Film and video
- DVD or digital file (low res) copy from VHS or DVD source: $20
- DVD or digital file (low res) copy from 16mm film source: $75
- High resolution digital file copy (ProRes) from existing master file: $50
For other moving image duplication services contact hoover_visuals [at] stanford [dot] edu.
- Items not yet digitized: $50 per item ($25 faculty/student education price)
- Items already digitized: $20 per item ($5 faculty/student education price)
- The term item refers to a single physical unit (tape, disc, etc.).
- Stanford University students and faculty may request up to five items at no charge per academic year, after which time they must pay the faculty/student education price.
- Deliverable formats: MP3 file, WAV file, CD-R.
Contact Brandon Burke, recorded sound archivist, at brburke [at] stanford [dot] edu or (650) 724-9711.
- The library accepts requests to duplicate microfilms of materials it has filmed.at a cost of $90 per reel.
- Within the constraints of copyright and staffing limitations, the library can accept limited requests for original microfilms of its materials at $320 per reel.
For more information and to make requests, please contact Paul Thomas, librarian, at phthomas [at] stanford [dot] edu.
- California sales tax will be added for will-call and orders shipped to California addresses.
- Rush orders (shipped in five business days) are twice the original cost (not available on all orders).
- Domestic shipping and handling: $12
- International shipping and handling: $40