- "Can California be fixed?" Victor Davis Hanson over at NRO's The Corner.
- A New York Times reported story on Gov. Brown's leadership during the Golden State's fiscal crisis, quoting Bill Whalen, Hoover fellow, former speechwriter to Gov. Pete Wilson, and adviser to Republican governors in the state.
- On NBC Bay Area News, a 6-min interview with Tammy Frisby on Gov. Brown's May Revision to the state budget, upcoming tax initiative, and the need for real tax reform.
- Speaking of tax reform for economic growth and steadier state revenues in California -- from The Wall Street Journal archives - and worth going back to read: economists Michael Boskin & John Cogan on "How California Can Get Its Groove Back."
- Also from the WSJ archives: Boskin & Cogan on "California's Greek Tragedy."