The Hoover Institution hosted the Taiwan and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons for the World on Thursday, May 7, 2020 from 9 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PDT.
Keynote speaker: Vice President Chen Chien-jen, Taiwan (ROC)
- Public Health: Prof. C. Jason Wang, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Rule of Law: Prof. Chang Wen-Chen, Dean, National Chiao Tung University Law School
- Civil Society: Prof. Fan Yun, National Taiwan University, Member (DPP) Legislative Yuan
- Global Lessons: Lanhee Chen, Ph.D. Research Fellow, Hoover Institution
Closing Address: Mung Chiang, Ph.D., Science and Technology Adviser to the United States Secretary of State, and Jonathan Moore, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau Of Oceans And International Environmental And Scientific Affairs.
This lecture is part of the Hoover Project on Taiwan in the Indo-Pacific Region.
WATCH THE KEYNOTE:
READ THE REMARKS FROM THE CLOSING SPEAKERS:
- Mung Chiang, Ph.D., Science and Technology Adviser to the United States Secretary of State (VIDEO)
- Jonathan Moore, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST OF THE PANEL DISCUSSION: