Hoover Institution (Stanford, CA) – Stanford University’s Gordian Knot Center for National Security Innovation, founded and directed by Research Fellow Joe Felter, welcomed Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks on Thursday, April 7, for a conversation about how the Pentagon can best collaborate with private industry to create innovative defense technologies and develop solutions to America’s security challenges.
Hosted in Hoover’s Annenberg Conference Room, the discussion featured Felter and other experts detailing the work of the Gordian Knot Center and how it prepares the next generation of defense innovators. Presentations covered the following six initiatives of the center:
- Hacking for Defense Teams
- CONOPS (Concept of Operations) Development
- National Security Education
- Defense Innovation Scholars Program
- Policy Impact and Outreach
- Internships and Professional Workplace Development
Click here to read more about the presentation.
Click here to read a Department of Defense press release highlighting Hicks’s visit.