- Advance payment by credit card (Visa or Master Card) in U.S. funds is required. No wire transfers.
- All duplication requests should be made through the Hoover L&A request system. Use the library catalog Searchworks, the Online Archives of California collection guides, or the digital collections site to locate the item and collection from which you wish to purchase duplications and follow the system prompts to submit a Duplication Order. You must submit a separate Duplication Order for each item or collection record.
- When ordering a duplication of an item you have seen in the reading room, you may clone that request. Within Aeon open your original request for the item or collection and choose the "Clone to Copy" option. The Duplication Order form will automatically populate the form with the collection information and you will be prompted to add additional information regarding the duplication request. Please be as specific as possible.
- All requests are filled in the order in which payment is received. Please allow two to eight weeks for processing.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- The prices listed are for informational purposes only. Please submit a duplication order in the Hoover L&A Aeon request system before sending payment.
- Self-service photocopies: $0.15 per page
- Materials that would be damaged by duplication may not be copied.
- Due to copyright law, staff may not make more than 10 copies in response to requests. Researchers may hire a research assistant to make copies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
High resolution scans
- Paper documents, transcripts, photographs, slides, negatives (flatbed scan): $25 per scan
- Books, albums, posters, oversize items, fragile items (copy-stand scan): $40 per scan
- Items already digitized: $15 per scan
Moving images (film and video)
- Low resolution digital file copy from VHS or DVD source: $20
- Low resolution digital file copy from 16mm film source: $75
- High resolution digital file copy from existing master file: $50
- Items not yet digitized: $35 per item
- Items already digitized: $5 per item
- The term item refers to a single physical unit (tape, disc, etc.).
- Stanford University students and faculty may request up to five items at no charge per academic year
- Deliverable formats include MP3 file, WAV file, CD-R.
- The library accepts requests to duplicate microfilms of materials it has filmed at a cost of $90 per reel.
- Within the constraints of copyright and staffing limitations, the library can accept limited requests for original microfilms of its materials at $320 per reel.
- California sales tax will be added for will-call and orders shipped to California addresses.