Our reading rooms are open to the public for academic research purposes without charge and are subject to donor restrictions, other Stanford University policies, and the user’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of use. For the use, security, and protection of the collections, please review the following visitor requirements prior to your arrival.
- Researchers may bring in their eyeglasses (without their case), reader card and/or Stanford ID (no lanyards), laptop (without sleeve), tablet, phone, camera, or other smart device (which is subject to change if a certain collection being viewed indicates otherwise), and reference books.
- Some collections are only available on microfilm. Please bring your own flash drive to copy documents for your research.
- Please do not bring in pens, post-it notes, notebooks or binders, hats, jackets, sweaters with pockets, briefcases, laptop sleeves, or bags (purses, backpacks, etc).
- Smoking, food or drink (including water, chewing gum, cough drops) are not permitted.
- We provide lockers, pencils, and notepaper. If a user needs to bring in leaves of paper (e.g., for fact checking), the paper will have to be reviewed and marked by staff with a "Non-Archival" stamp. If a user needs to bring in a reference book, a bookmark will be inserted.
- All items removed from the reading room, including notepaper, reference books, and photocopies of materials, must be presented to a staff member for inspection prior to departure. All laptops and tablets must be opened.
Hours & Directions
Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
REQUEST MATERIALS & RESERVE A SEAT
434 Galvez Mall,
Stanford University, CA 94305
Google Maps Accessibility Directions