The Hoover Institution Library & Archives are pleased to offer competitive fellowships and support of up to $3,000 to support research based on our collections. All recipients will be expected to spend a minimum of ten days in the Library & Archives.
- Silas Palmer Research Fellowship
Available to US undergraduate and graduate students, this fellowship provides an award of up to $3,000 to support research based on our collections
- Scholar Research Support
Available to US faculty, postdocs, independent scholars, international students studying at US institutions, and non-US faculty and students traveling under ESTA, B-1 VISA, or who hold a SSN or ITIN.* This support provides an award of up to $3,000 to support research based on our collections.
*International scholars subject to up to 37% tax
All applicants are required to submit their applications online with the following:
- Contact information
- Resume or CV
- A proposal of fewer than 750 words describing your research project, including the names of Hoover collections you plan to consult and why they are necessary for your project
- The names and email addresses of two individuals who will complete recommendation forms
Application deadline: April 12, 2018, by 11:59 Eastern Time
- Applications and recommendations must be submitted online in English.
- Award recipients agree to write a short article on their research for the Hoover Institution Library & Archives website.
- Fellowship research must be completed between September 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019.
- One or more fellowships will be reserved for researchers who plan to consult our audiovisual collections.
- All awards are subject to the availability of funds and the ability to secure appropriate visa arrangements and documentation.
- Queries concerning Hoover fellowships can be sent to: bronweyn [at] stanford.edu.
- Application decisions will be sent by May 31, 2018