The Hoover Institution is pleased to announce that its 2014 Annual Report is now available online. We invite you to view the report for key accomplishments during the past year, generously supported by our community of donors who enable Hoover to offer thought leadership on today’s policy issues, maintain and provide access to the unique holdings of Hoover’s Library & Archives, and foster engagement with policy makers, academia, and the wider global community.
Highlights from the report include
- An overview of the Institution’s vast scholarship and research activities, including books published since our last report, essay series, conferences, and research initiatives.
- A special feature on Hoover’s new offices in Washington, DC, including photos of our beautiful offices centrally located on New York Avenue.
- Updates from the Library & Archives, including new and popular collections, workshops, exhibits, preservation, and strategies for expanding and promoting the collections.
- New communication efforts, including the new Hoover website, media relations, the Hoover Press, and digital products such as online periodicals, online symposia, blogs, videos, and podcasts.
- A financial summary, including the financial results for fiscal year 2014. The Institution ended the 2013–14 fiscal year in a solid financial position, with base budget revenues of $56.1 million and expenses of $47.2 million. Last year, Hoover received an additional $19 million in gifts for a new building on Stanford’s campus; the needed remaining funds have been pledged.
We hope that you share our pride in the Institution’s accomplishments in advancing ideas defining a free society and thank you for your support.