Hoover’s recently released 2016 Annual Report is the premier guide to the policy challenges that top Hoover experts are paying close attention to, as well as how fellows are applying the institution’s resources toward improving individual well-being and national prosperity.
Highlights from the informative and encouraging report include
- The new Blueprint for America project, edited by George P. Shultz, who convened Hoover’s most accomplished policy experts, including Hoover fellows General Jim Mattis, John F. Cogan, and Scott W. Atlas, to address the many pressing challenges awaiting the next administration and Congress.
- Hoover’s new PolicyEd.org website, which features cutting-edge new media projects that connect ideas from Hoover fellows to new audiences, particularly our nation’s youth. New PolicyEd videos include No Vacancy: The Consequences of Rent Control, based on the research of Thomas Sowell, Richard Epstein, and Milton Friedman, as well as John B. Taylor’s Debt and Deficit Primer.
- Updates on Hoover publications such as Strategika, the monthly journal of the Working Group on the Role of Military History in Contemporary Conflict, chaired by Martin and Illie Anderson Senior Fellow Victor Davis Hanson. The report also features new Hoover Institution Press books such as Warriors and Citizens: American Views of Our Military, the landmark study of civil-military relations coedited by Hoover fellows General Jim Mattis—who was recently nominated to serve as Secretary of Defense—and Kori Schake
- Acquisitions and outreach from the Library & Archives, such as the recent exhibit Civil Discourse: William F. Buckley Jr’s Firing Line, 1966–1999, which features materials from Hoover’s extensive Firing Line collection, much of which is accessible online
- Initiatives in Washington such as the Stuart Family Congressional Fellowship Program, which brings influential Capitol Hill staffers to Hoover’s headquarters for an immersive introduction to fellows and their research
- Captivating photographs of Hoover’s Stanford University campus and Hoover fellows in action
We invite you to learn more about the results made possible during the past year by Hoover’s dedicated supporters and unsurpassed scholars by reviewing the report or downloading a PDF version here. To learn more about engaging with the Hoover Institution or becoming a supporter, visit Hoover.org/get-involved.