Current and alumni Hoover interns attend attend annual luncheon
About the program
The Hoover Institution in Washington’s internship program provides the opportunity for undergraduate, graduate, and recently graduated students to experience professional growth and acquire practical work experience related to the student’s field of study or career interest.
The Hoover Institution in Washington accepts full and part-time interns each summer and academic semester. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in internal meetings and assist with public events hosted in Hoover’s office. In addition to practical experience interns regularly attend events hosted by other organizations as well as congressional hearings and briefings where they can learn about relevant policy issues, see how these issues are integrated into the legislative process, and meet leading policy-makers and prominent scholars.
- Assist DC director, scholars, and staff with special projects.
- Maintain databases of metrics for activity within the Washington, DC office.
- Assist in building distribution lists for information dissemination and events.
- Attend and report on briefings, hearings and scholarly events on Capitol Hill and at other think tanks.
- Assist with other general administrative duties.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing or recent graduate of a college/university.
- Demonstrated interest in public policy issues.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, good attention to detail, and ability to work independently in a fast-pace team environment.
- Name (Last, First, Middle)
- Home address
- Home and cell phone
- Email Address
- Personal resume. Include schoolwork, degree seeking and anticipated graduation date, work experience, other internships, and awards.
- Personal statement. A brief personal statement explaining how the internship would further your career plans (500 words).
Application materials should be mailed to:
Attn: Internship Program
1399 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005
Or via email to spmathes [at] stanford.edu.
The next Internship Program is scheduled for Summer 2018 (May-August)
Application due: February 23, 2018
Accepted interns notified by: March 14, 2018