Opened in 2017 and named in honor of lead donors David and Joan Traitel, the beautifully designed Traitel Building sits at the foot of Hoover Tower and opens the Hoover Institution to the larger Stanford University community. The building’s first floor features several elegant, modern, and highly functional event spaces that we are pleased to share for events.
This light-filled venue features excellent acoustics, state-of-the-art A/V capabilities, and theater-style seating for 400 guests. The distinctive, scalloped ceiling and wood trim finishes throughout set the lecture hall apart from other convening spaces on campus. Generously sized yet intimate, Hauck Auditorium is a noteworthy addition to Stanford University.
- Seats 400
- Comfortable, theater-style chairs with arm rest, leg room, floor-fed climate control, and lap pad (Wheelchair accessible and removable chairs also available).
- Attached Green Room (see details in amenities section)
- State-of-the-art A/V capabilities for presenting, recording, and live streaming
- Full-coverage, built-in speaker system
- 4 cameras for recording (2 in back, 2 flanking stage)
- 4k HD projector
- Theater-sized dropdown projection screen
- 6 handheld mics and 8 lapel mics
- In-room AV control booth
- Acoustic wood ceilings carry excellent sound throughout the room
- Built-in hearing loop system provides an automatically boosted signal to guest with hearing aids
- Overflow speakers in adjacent arcade
- Stage with movable lectern, optional Stanford branding on back wall, and multiple light scenes
- No food or drinks are allowed (water okay)
Decorated with posters from Hoover’s world-renowned archival collection, Blount Hall is a spacious dining and multipurpose room that seats 440 guests. The room opens to the building’s outdoor courtyard and Welcoming Pavilion/reception area, offering plenty of natural light and easy access to other spaces. Rental includes use of designer dining chairs and 66-inch round tables.
- Seats 440
- Adjacent plating area and full catering kitchen (see amenities section below for more details)
- Conveniently located event office
- A/V system
- 2 built-in line array speakers, expansion capability for subwoofer and fill speakers
- 4 HD cameras
- 2 recessed ceiling projectors
- 2 drop-down projector screens
- 6 handheld and 8 lapel mics
- Separate A/V control room
- Optional modular stage
- 44 round tables and 440 chairs included in rental
- Glass folding doors open to courtyard via East Arcade
- West doors open to Pavilion/reception area
This glass-walled room is adjacent to the building’s main Lasuen Mall entrance and lobby area. The pavilion opens up to the building’s semi-private courtyard and serves as pre-function space for the building’s dining/multipurpose room and auditorium.
- A/V system
- 2 built-in speakers
- Music playback capability
- Multimedia screen can stream audio/video as overflow monitor or be preloaded with content
- 3 handheld and 2 lapel mics
- iPad control system
- East doors hold-open to allow indoor/outdoor access for events
- Adjacent reception desk
- Lounge style seating included by default (can be altered only with prior approval)
This beautiful outdoor space, sponsored by Hoover supporters Joanne and Arthur Hall, sits at the foot of Hoover Tower and looks out to Serra Mall and Tanner Fountain. It features comfortable patio-style seating, café tables and chairs, and easy access to the building’s indoor event areas.
- Capacity for 500 guests
- Included patio seating (can be altered only with advanced notice)
- Additional seating available on surrounding seat walls.
Building/ Rental Details
Rates and Inquiries
- AV system can be synced across all three interior event spaces
- Green room with comfortable seating, LCD monitor, mini-fridge and private bathroom connected to both Hauck Auditorium and Blount Hall
- Catering kitchen and plating area
- Loading dock adjacent to kitchen spaces and accessible via Crothers Way
- Coat room
- Event office
- Reception desk
- Locking doors can be programmed to remain unlocked for after-hours events
- Audio and Presentations: Stanford Event Services
- Video Recording and Streaming: Stanford Video Services
- Catering: 2019 Preferred Caterers
- Diagrams for Hauck Auditorium, Blount Hall, The Pavilion, Fairweather Courtyard (coming soon)
- Parking - Stanford Parking & Transportation Services
- Valet - Soirée Valet
- Stanford's Event Sponsorship Policy
- Events can take place any time between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Hoover does not provide an event manager for outside events.
- For Traitel Building events booked more than 90 days in advance, Hoover can only offer a soft hold on dates/spaces. Full confirmation of dates/spaces becomes available once the event is 90 days away.
To inquire about renting space at Traitel, please click here.
For additional information or other questions contact traitelevents [at] stanford.edu (subject: Traitel%20Events%20Inquiry) or call 650-721-7869.